Jocelyn Vass and Sizwe Phakathi (2006). Managing HIV in the Workplace: Learning from SMEs. Cape Town: HSRC Press.
- Sizwe Phakathi (2012). Making a Plan (Planisa). Mining Weekly, 10-14 May, p.15.
- Timothy Sizwe Phakathi (2012). Worker Agency in Colonial, Apartheid and Post-apartheid Gold Mining Workplace Regimes. Review of African Political Economy, 39(132):277-291.
- Sizwe Timothy Phakathi (2011). Gold Mining Today. Transformation, 75 (2011): 185-197.
- Sizwe Timothy Phakathi (2010). Workplace Change and Frontline Supervision in Deep-Level Gold Mining: Managerial Rhetoric or Practice? Transformation, 72(73):181-204.
- Sizwe Phakathi (2009). “Getting On” and “Getting By” Underground: Gold Miners’ Work Practice of Planisa. South African Labour Bulletin, 33(5):13-15.
- Timothy Sizwe Phakathi (2002). Self-directed Work Teams in a Post-apartheid Gold Mine: Perspectives from the Rock-face, Journal of Workplace Learning, 14(7):278-285.
Chapters in books:
- Timothy Sizwe Phakathi and Hugo van der Merwe (2008). The Impact of the TRC’s Amnesty Process on Survivors of Human Rights Violations, in Truth and Reconciliation in South Africa: Did the TRC Deliver?, edited by Audrey Chapman and Hugo van der Merwe, Pennsylvania: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Timothy Sizwe Phakathi (2005). Self-directed Work teams in a Post-Apartheid Gold Mine: Perspectives from the Rock-face, in Beyond the Post-apartheid Workplace: Studies in Transition, edited by Eddie Webster and Karl von Holdt, Pietermarizburg: University of KwaZulu Natal Press.